Friday, August 08, 2008

Potpourri

Potpourri...that's what you call a bunch of random things thrown together that smell good or make for good reading.

For starters, there's a blog I've been reading for a couple weeks now that is officially my favorite. It's called Stuff Christians Like (an admitted knockoff of Stuff White People Like). It can be found at www.stuffchristianslike.net. A few of my favorites are Super Hero Guide to Famous Pastors, That Dude with the Guitar at Camp, Friends, Awkward Youth Group Rap and Holy Quotes at the End of Emails. Really I can list them all, but I'll stop here.

Potpourri ingredient number 2. Yesterday my dad called and said he was cleaning out his closet and found my 410 shotgun and wanted to know if I still wanted it. The history of this gun is kind of interesting. I received the gun as a Christmas gift when I was about 14. Later that day, my dad took my friend and I out to some land my friend's grandpa owned. I was excited to shoot something with my new gun and aimed and shot at the first bird I saw (far away). Of course I hit it, because I was a sharp shooter at the age of 12. Now I won't say what kind of bird it was because I don't want to incriminate myself and be mocked by the 'Way too Proud of Texas Guy', but I did buy a South Texas Bird Guide for future reference.

Nate's Theological Minute
Genesis 2:18-22
18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." 19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Summary:
God creates Adam
God decides Adam should have a helper (Eve)
God brings all the animals to Adam
Adam names the animals
Adam can't find a helper
God gives Adam anesthesia
God creates Eve

My question is this...Why did God decide to create Eve, but wait till Adam named the animals to create her? I'm interested to hear your opinions.

Either way, I'm thankful He did create Eve as the perfect partner for Adam and more thankful that He created Jade as the perfect partner for Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment