Saturday, August 16, 2008

Time in a bottle

Last week Jamie and I were having a late lunch @ cafe calypso and I ran into my old art friend Jogs (Jose). It was so wonderful seeing him and catching up in record time. It brought back some lovely memories of my junior year of high school...which feels like a millenia has passed, and also, no time at all. Isn't that strange how time can feel so fast and so slow simultaneously!

I feel that with my little Wesley boy. He is 7 months old, crawling (has been for months now), pulling up on things, anything he can get his paws on, being silly, actually laughing at jokes, eating mushy yummy food. He is just SO big! He got his first big boy hair cut. :) Thanks Charity for cutting his hair. His bangs were just in his eyes all the time. Now he looks a LOT like my brother with his hair cut shorter. :) I haven't downloaded pics (or the video) yet from his haircut, but I will post them when I get a chance.
These pictures are of him playing in a basket in our bedroom. He loves digging through baskets and finding TREASURE! I put one of my beanies on him and he just thought it was the funniest thing! What a ham! I love playing with Wesley. Especially in the morning after we have breakfast. He is such a happy baby when he first wakes up. Well, he is often happy, but he is just DELIGHTED to wake up and see the world. He is so quick to crawl to his toys and bang on them and make noises and babble.


I have noticed though that he is watching and 'scouting' a lot more than he is babbling. He used to babble non stop, but lately he just babbles in the car or if he feels like he is alone. He does a lot of watching and smiling at anything and everything. I feel so bad for him though, he pulls up in his crib and bonks his mouth or nose or head against the railing. Is there a way to help him not do that? We lowered it once, I think its time to lower it again, he's just growing so fast.

Oh and I changed his room up a bit. I will have to post pictures of that too. It looks really good. Jamie's mom helped me stain Nathan's childhood dresser. :) It looks awesome! Thanks Mary! (Mary also made us yummy sloppy joes when she came in town! How great is that??) I love sloppy joes. hehe...
Anyways, some beautiful women I know are pregnant (including my beautiful cousin). Some are due soon (any day) and some are due in the spring. All I can say is that I have the baby bug and I think it would be so wonderful to have MORE babies!! I took some pictures of this woman's four sons and she encouraged me to just "be a mom" and to have lots of babies and to never take them for granted, because they grow so fast. She said she changed diapers for TEN years in a ROW and now that her youngest is finally out of diapers, she's emotional knowing how fast they grow. What a sweet woman she is. Very encouraging.
I thank God for allowing Nathan and I to be parents to Wesley and we would love to have more, but we will just wait for His timing and be patient and thankful for what we've been blessed with. I'm still learning the mommy thing. Just this week at our Life Group I was getting some advice on earth friendly, baby friendly, cleaning products. There is much to learn. Thank goodness there are so many people out there willing to lend a hand in wisdom, and so many resources at our finger-tips.
If you asked me when I was 18 where I was going to be a few years from then, I would not have imagined being here as a wife, a mother, and a stay at home mom for that matter! I would have told you I would be living in a hut in Africa or some third world country digging wells, going on safaris and canoeing down rivers. I am thankful for where I am and I continue to look with excitement to what plans lay before us.
Oooooh and I love cuddling with my boys! :) Nathan and Wesley are just so stinkin huggable.

1 comment:

  1. hey jade I was wondering if you got my message about a month ago about your art work? We are wanting to put up paintings in the coffee shop hopefully at the beginning of September. Are you still interested?

    ReplyDelete