Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brother Bear!

So today my older brother turns 27. I'd like to tell you about the earliest memory I have of him, but really, as we get older, the years before I turned 5 are really very blurry. :) So I'll tell you some of my favorite memories that I can remember. Haha.

When we were kids we used to have a swimming pool, a fort, a basketball court, a dog, lots of backyard space to run around, and parents who always sent us outside to run off our energy. I hope to have a backyard like that someday for my kids. In our day of electronics and tv, that is probably the best thing for kids today. Anyways, one of my fondest memories is of Brandon inviting his friends over to spend the night on the fort's roof. They pitched a tent up there and had man time and I was certainly NOT allowed up there, nor allowed to even stay up a little bit with them.
















Was I devastated? Certainly! Did I tell on them to mom and dad? Of course! So dad and I get a boom box and put in their bedroom window (which faced the fort) and put on some scary halloween music tape that I owned and we snuck around the back of the alley behind our house (behind the fort) and we launched an attack of waterballoons on BG and his friends. Needless to say, I can't really recall how it ended, but that was super fun!

Anyways, I could go on and on with stories of our childhood (most of which BG would deny) and I am so thankful for the fun we had as little kids, and while we were very different people in high school, the Lord has blessed us a with a new kind of friendship in our adult years and I am so thankful to have him in my life. He is a brother who I can always count on to talk to late at night online, he is a good friend to so many, he opens his house to all of us with nothing to do on a Saturday night, and he loves his nephew to pieces. And Wesley loves his uncle BG! :)

Happy Birthday Brother Bear!

1 comment:

  1. Happy bday to your bro! Loving the vintage photos!

    ReplyDelete