Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm still Jenny from the block

So this morning while I was cleaning and puttering around the house, E! True Hollywood Story was featuring Jennifer Lopez. I usually don't watch E! but sometimes Ill see who the THS is featuring and if it snags my attention, I'm all over that.

Like when Heathe Ledger, whom I adore, died tragically, they were featuring him left and right. I grieved for his family; his talent is so far out and to lose his life in such a sad, meaningless way just breaks my heart.

Anyways, I digress. They had pictures from Jennifer's wedding to Marc Anthony and she was just covered in diamonds. Glorious ropes of diamonds around her neck and on her ears and on her headpiece and on her fingers and she wore a simple gown (off the rack, gasp!) and she looked spectacular.

When my dear friend Rebekah got engaged to her wonderful husband Nick. she and I had discussed that when we get married we don't want rings that would feed several third world country villages should we ever travel to these places that we've prayed for and wept for.
Needless to say, we were blessed with husbands who lovingly picked out rings that suited our personalities. Sometimes I am still amazed that I wear a diamond on my hand to signify my union.
I knew of two people who passed through Zephyr when I worked out there several years ago and they had eachother's names tatooed around their ring finger. He had hers and she had his. They didn't need anything flashy or blingy to show their devotion.

Now if you have a rock, I'm not dissin. Diamonds are a beautiful and exquisite gift to delight in. My beautiful, most down to earth, friend has a ring that could blind God :) (i am a dork) and it is sensational. And I do LOVE my wedding set. I remember the moment Nathan placed the ring on my finger and asked me to be his wife. It was so special and i'll never forget his face as he knelt in front of me.

I don't really know where I was going with this. I had a long weekend full and busy, so I think I may be a little behind myself. Zoiks! (again...I am a nerd). I did get to see some friends and see Nathan and his softball tourney for work and take Wesley to our church's fall festival. Ohh and I put out my pumpkins and am slowly getting my house ready for the "fall" and the holiday season. "Fall" cleaning and what not. Ohhhh I react to DUST horribly so I've been sniffly all day.

Ok, I will end this torturous post of nothing. I don't even have pictures for you today! How sad. :) And me, a photographer. Blaaaaaah blah blah.

Oh and last night I had a dream that my old friend Jason Crookham from high school built a church in the trees. Hmm...that's something new, I think.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment