Friday, October 03, 2008

After the dancing days...

Have you ever ached for a storm? I mean a good, rolling, magnificent storm? Some of my favorite memories of my years at Zephyr were the days that a thunderstorm swept across camp leaving us soaked to the bone, shivering, and exhilarated.

I hate to be home alone during storms, but I do love laying in bed listening to the thunder clap and the rain pound the earth.
Am I alone in this?

I have come to realize that in my old age (I'm 24, ha!) I am somewhat of a wimp. I used to swim in the sea during rainstorms, drink the wild air, dance in the sunshine, lay in the grass. I was fearless. Put me on a plane to Turkmenistan with a backpack and a flashlight and I would do it in a heartbeat.

Now I check my shoes before I put them on my feet, I always close the bedroom doors, I double check and triple check the locks at night, I think twice about where I go. And swimming in the sea during a storm, psssssh, you MUST be crazy. :)

I'd like to say it's because I'm a mom and I am always keeping an eye on everything...but I know it's because I've lost some peace. I've decided to open myself up to the heaven's above and take the plunge.

Tomorrow I think I will lie on the grass...without a blanket. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment