Friday, October 10, 2008

Matt Beveridge

'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.' 2 Timothy 4:7

Matt Beveridge fought to the end, but his body just couldn't keep up with his spirit and he died this morning. He was surrounded by people who loved him greatly.

For those of you who knew and loved Matt, and those who prayed, thank you. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for the support you have shown this incredibly brave young man.

It was an honor to know and love Matt, our favorite pastime was watching movies and being lazy and just talking about girls and movies.

My heart grieves for our loss here on earth, and for the pain we who loved him will feel for many years to come. It is for us who are left behind that I grieve for most of all, because Matt is whole once more. His body is renewed and he can fly!

I realize the concept of Heaven is hard for even believers of the gospel to grasp, but know that Matt had faith and he believed that he was rescued, not his flesh, but his soul. He battled this cancer and he has won, because his life is in Heaven with our God who restores.

I feel like I'm ranting. I feel grief and sorrow for Matt's friends and loved ones. But I praise God for the faith that Matt had in his heavenly father.

Thank you for your prayers and continue to lift up Matt's family as they deal with the funeral and the loss of a part of them. As a new mother, my grief is ten fold what it would have been 2 years ago because I have experienced that bond between momma and baby and I can't even imagine the grief that Matt's mother must be experiencing. Lord, cover her!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor. 4:16-18

Pray continually, dear friends. Grief is never easy.

3 comments:

  1. have a beautiful way with words..I hope you do not mind, but I borrowed a bit of what you wrote (but said it was not from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, we don't understand why, but we trust You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for letting us know, Jade. This side of heaven so few things make sense....

    ReplyDelete