Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Painted Wings, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, & Kisses All Around

These are a few of my favorite things. :)
I love the fall. It's October, and while it is still in the low 90's I take it as a blessing that it is not in the HIGH 90's. Thank you, Lord!
I put my pumpkins out and hung up my fall wreath, I burnt some pumpkin spice candles and bought some fresh daisies for my kitchen table. (Nathan and I have an understanding about flowers. I buy myself flowers whenever I want to and he can still surprise me with flowers if he wants to...but he doesn't have to on account that I try to keep flowers on our kitchen table at all times)
I open my windows wide and let the sunshine pour in while turning up the iPod to my favorite artists.
I dance with my little guy in the living room or we go outside and swing. :)

Indeed, from October to February is my favorite time of year. :) I just love it.

Oh hey, I sold THREE of my photographs at Coffee Waves last week! Isn't that just great!
Don't worry, if you are interested in buying any prints, feel free to buy them off my website A Photographic Life
It just thrills me knowing my photographs or paintings are hanging in someone's living room or house or office. :)
Coffee Waves will host some of my paintings coming up later this month. Stay tuned!

So my son had his first tooth break through last Wednesday. Ironically on a day that I went to the dentist for a check up. Haha. He has struggled mightily with these teeth and I'm thankful he has at least ONE to show for it. The rest will soon follow, but my heart aches for babies and their growing pains they must endure. So at 8 months, Wesley officially has a tooth. I'll have to post a picture soon.

Wesley has also taken to SCREAMING. Absolute howling. Not just when he's angry, but when he's talking or playing, he just must have discovered his lungs. He's been talking and babbling for weeks and weeks, but he just discovered that screaming is fun. He still hasn't said a word. He says mamamamamaa and daddadadadadaa but never just mama or dada. I know he will eventually, and like crawling or walking or any other milestone, I'm not going to push him. I am just thankful for a healthy happy (outspoken) child who LOVES to swing outside. :)

Which we're off to do! Have a great afternoon!

5 comments:

  1. I love fall too. Yum, Pumpkin Spice Latte's.
    SO tell me, how does one get their photos in Coffe Waves? Thats awesome about your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite time of year too. Here in Oklahoma it's still pretty warm (low 90's early this week, and now in the 80s) but still. A girl can dream of sweaters and lattes and leaves of gold orange and red. Bring it on!

    So you love the March sisters and Anne Shirley. How do you feel about Laura Ingalls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I thought way back in the day either you or Charity said you took a few pics at my wedding. Do you still have the pics or negatives?

    Can I buy them from you? If you don't want to sell the negatives/pics, let me know. If you don't really have any, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, i have the rolls around here somewhere. I haven't developed them yet. I'll look for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on selling some photographs!

    ReplyDelete