Monday, February 02, 2009

Captain Payne

Do you ever feel like your insides are moving faster than your outsides?

For example, a moment ago I was staring blankly at the computer screen, not really comprehending what was in front of me.
But my mind was moving wildly about, dancing from land to sea to sky and back to the earth. I could feel the energy inside me swirling around like a whirling dervish and the world inside my head and heart was spinning faster and faster until I couldn't catch a breath.

But no, you wouldn't have recognized this tantalizing experience within me just by a glance. I was a rock. A lump. A woman who desperately needs to brush her hair.
But inside.
I am an adventurer. A mountain climber, a sea captain, a wind rider.

And now I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment