Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a quick trip

Nathan had some training in Austin today (tues) and I invited myself along for the ride. Partly because he's been so tired, I wanted him to have some company for the drive, and partly, because I've been feeling like I need a little escape, and I took this as an opportunity.

So at 4am, this morning, the alarm sounded and up we got. We set out about 430 and got home close to 8pm. A very short trip.

BUT, I did get to go to IKEA and I ran into Heidi!!!! and her momma! How fun is that?! What a cool thing. I was on a mission to see the toddler table and chair set they have. It was cute, but not what I'm looking for, so I just bought a new pillowcase for one of my giant floor pillows. Wesley slept in his stroller for the first 45 minutes I was there, so I was able to shop at my leisure. :) He was so cheerful and peppy all day! He sat in his carseat reading his books and playing with his toys. So happy! Except of course, the last 40 minutes of the drive home, but I sat in the backseat and entertained him with rap versions of children's Bible songs. Bless his heart, when I was reaching to bring him out of the car seat after a particularly long stretch, he clapped for joy and was SO excited to be set free. What a trooper!

I had planned to take Wesley to a park or the zoo or something, but it was cold and rainy today. While we were at the Outlet mall in Round Rock, we got caught in a shower storm and I had to buy a towel from the Disney store....it's a Nemo/Crush towel though, so it's all good. :)

Anyways, I'm happy to be home, but it was a fun day. I feel bad that Nathan didn't enjoy it like I did, but I did share my DQ dipped cone with him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jade! I wish I could run into you as much over here in Germany as I have in Texas :) What were the odds of us being at the store at the same time let alone running into each other at that exact moment? Definitely the Lord! Much love friend, you bless me

    ReplyDelete