Saturday, March 07, 2009

oh Anne..

Last night Jamie came over and worked on some paperwork for the hospital while I chased my little guy around. And yes, we put on Anne of Green Gables. I have all three at my house (they are my mom's!)

I want a picture of Nathan and I kissing on a bridge with a bucket of apples at our feet. :) So romantic.

Who thinks this series is the absolute best?? I DO! Every time I put one of the movies on and hear that beautiful music and see the shores of Prince Edward Island, I absolutely melt inside. It reminds me of what Heaven will be like...familiar, beautiful. I love it.

Some of my favorite quotes:

Anne Shirley: This is the most tragical thing that has ever happened to me.

Anne Shirley: Don't you ever imagine things differently from what they are?
Marilla Cuthbert: No.
Anne Shirley: Oh Marilla, how much you miss.

Anne Shirley: Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

Anne Shirley: Ruby Gillis says when she grows up, she wants to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her. I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind.


Diana Barry: I wish I were rich, and I could spend the whole summer at a hotel, eating ice cream and chicken salad.
Anne Shirley: You know something, Diana? We are rich. We have sixteen years to our credit, and we both have wonderful imaginations. We should be as happy as queens.
[gestures to the setting sun]
Anne Shirley: Look at that. You couldn't enjoy its loveliness more if you had ropes of diamonds.
Diana Barry: I don't know about that.

3 comments:

  1. I very much enjoy Anne and all of Green Gables... her imagination is wonderful.. sometimes I wish I would have been and could be as good as someone like Anne's character, or one of the girls in Little Women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want to go to Prince Edward Island... with my "beau," of course! One day... :) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say to you right now.....that I have NEVER SEEN THOSE MOVIES!!!! OR READ THE BOOKS!!! ISN'T THAT R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.??

    I don't know why. I just never have. I really need to. I know I would love them. One of these days when I stop being so insanely busy I'm going to make it happen. Maybe next month...:D

    ReplyDelete