Saturday, April 04, 2009

Confessions

I have a few confessions to make:
1. My house is (was) a complete disaster this entire week.
2. It's because I spent any free time I usually would put towards household chores to...yes, you guessed correctly: READING. Wesley is just lucky he got bathed this week. ;)
3. When I enter the imaginary world of myths and legends...I don't leave. For a very long time.
4. I've had my head in the clouds for a ridiculous amount of time. More than any respectable adult should.

I have more confessions, but I don't want you to think too poorly of me. I really am quite ridiculous. I did do some serious cleaning this morning (still have a ways to go...vacuuming, etc.) but I have yet to catch up on our piles of laundry. hehe. Nathan was as patient as he could be with any wife who refused to go to bed at a decent hour because she was stuck to a book until 3 in the morning every night. I read Twilight in 6 hours on Monday night. I started at about 930 after Wes went to bed and read until 3. Tuesday, I read during naptime, on the swing in our backyard while Wesley was playing outside, and then once again, after bedtime. Staying up, once again, until 23o. Wednesday was a busy day...so no chance of reading much, but once again, I stayed up quite late...4am, finishing the third book. (Thanks Jena Pair, for lending me the last two). Thursday, well, I was a little tired and had a busy day, so I only read until about midnight, I was about halfway...so last night, Friday night, after bedtime (once again) I stayed up until 2 and finished the series.

As with all series that I finish, I feel quite sad. I am just glad Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini) still has one more book to put out....but I know I will grieve it's finale in the end as well.

I don't have time to review my opinion of the books, and I'm not certain any of you really care what I think, but I'd love to get together with anyone who's read them and discuss them. Coffee anyone? (tea for me, please).

Silly me...always dreaming....

4 comments:

  1. You finished already!!! I just dont have as much energy as you these days ;) I should finish this last book in a few days, then I want to know your thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, I read all four books back to back and I felt like my eyes would pop out of my head from all the strain I put them through. I stayed up late and woke up EARLY to read. I even got in trouble for reading them at work, even though no kids were there. I don't think I spoke to my husband the entire time. I was absolved by the books, their language, the torment...the list goes on. So honey, don't fret. You're not alone. I'm also completely ridiculous and completely addicted.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's a version of Twighlight from Edward's perspective floating around on the internet...I heard that somewhere.

    I'm still stuck at the beginning of breaking dawn...I really want to pick it back up and finish the series though...

    Oh, and my house is a mess too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a version online. its really good. i read it already :) Here's the link: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete