Wednesday, April 01, 2009

True Story

Phone rings. I answer knowing I will not want to talk to this person, but know they will keep calling if I don't answer. 

Me: "Hello."

Girl: "Mr. Payne, Good Evening. I'm calling to tell you that you have been entered into a drawing sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. You do have one of those cards, correct."

Me: "Yes maam, I do." (Who doesn't)

Girl: "The grandprize for the sweepstakes is $25,000. The second place prize is blah, blah, blah, blah....."

Me: (interupting as politely as possible) "I'm sorry. I'm not interested."

Girl: "......blah, blah, Oh. Well can you give me just a few minutes of your time?"

Me: "No sorry. I'm not interested."

Girl: (a little annoyed) "So you can't give me a few minutes of your time?"

Me: "Sorry. I can't."

Girl: (With just a little too much attitude for someone who needs something from me) "Why not?"

Me: "Because I'm kinda busy right now." (Still being as polite as possible)

Girl: "Fine." (Hangs up)

Good Times



No comments:

Post a Comment