Monday, June 08, 2009

Jade's birthday, the Frio, and plenty of smiles

So, I turned 25 on Thursday, the 28th of May. It was a fabulous birthday week. Everyone showered me with lots of smiles and even more love and I'm so thankful for the family and friends who add so much color to my world. Thanks for the birthday wishes, they sure made me smile. :) We had a fancy little cocktail party over at the girl's house on Saturday the 30th for Jena and me (we are about 5 hours apart...she was born at around 8ish on the 27th and I was born a little after midnight on the 28th) so we had a joint party. We had a splendid time, drinking Shirley Temples and playing Catch Phrase and being silly. I wish my brother could have joined the festivities, but it's okay. He's going to come home Father's Day weekend and I hopefully will be able to visit him in the next week or so. The Seeger's were in town and Heather made me a FABULOUS apron :) You should order one from her. Her business name is FRESCO. Her blog link is on my page.

This PAST weekend, we went to the FRIO river with Nathan's family. They do it every year and it's so fun. We had such a good time catching up with the cousins from Houston and in between. Wesley was stinkin cute in his little river shoes and Nathan and I had a good time floating the river (Wes stayed with the other kids and the grandmas). It wasn't nearly so dry where we floated and we only had to walk once. And I didn't even get burned, with all the sunscreen I reapplied. :) I am very proud of that, because Wesley has my fair skin and we both did fairly (no pun intended) well for ourselves. As Baz always says, "Remember to wear your sunscreen".

Well, Saturday night Nathan decided to stay and play Progressive Rummy at one of the other cabins and I decided to go on a little moonlight walk by myself down to the River. It was seriously a good idea. The moon was almost done waxing and it was so high and gorgeous in the sky, I was memorized by the beauty of it. It has a beautiful weather ring around it and I just loved it. What a gift, vision is, to be able to stare at the creation that we take for granted too often. The stars were faint in the light of the moon, they were washed out and distant...but the moon was right in the palm of my hands and I was just saturated with peace. For the moment at least :) And it was a gorgeous moment for me. As a youth, at Travis Baptist Church, I remember taking moonlit strolls with my friend, Jacob's, mother (Ranae) whenever we went camping as a group. She would lead and I would just take in the loveliness of the night. Those are some very special memories to me. Thanks for those, Ranae!

So after my walk, I went up to our cabin to read and wait for my husband. (Wesley was already sleeping and so was grandma Terina!) When Nate finally showed up, we went on a stroll back down to the river. (The moon was seriously bright and it was just too gorgeous to stay indoors to sleep...it was around midnight by now) and while Nate and I were sitting by the river talking, a light to the side of us caught our attention and voila! a little campfire that wasn't properly snuffed out came back to life. So we went to sit around it and chatted and stared at the moon glaring off the river. Very peaceful. Very special. It was nice, just Nate and myself, sitting there. So different from our daily life. I want to do that more often.

Anyways, now we are home and I am off to meet with a bride and groom to chat about a wedding :) Back to the real world...well, as real as my world gets anyways. I seriously need to get my head out of the clouds. I am just SO dreamy.

Have a great day world!

No comments:

Post a Comment