Friday, June 26, 2009

So it seems

"So I go to church, not because of any legalistic or moralistic reasons, but because I am a hungry sheep who needs to be fed; and for the same reason that I wear a wedding ring: a public witness of a private commitment." --Madeleine L'Engle

While I don't agree with all her thoughts on faith and Christianity, I do enjoy this one sentiment by one of my favorite authors.

And I realize the world is talking about the loss of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, etc, I can't help but think how swiftly life moves for us. It is a grievous thing, to live and love and grow, because our end is guaranteed. But what a joy to have the opportunity of life. Like many of us, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett were faced with decisions to make and opportunities to grasp. And like many of us, I am sure they were not the easiest of choices.

I don't care who you are, famous or not, death is never easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment