Friday, July 10, 2009

The Secret Garden

One of my favorite classics to read is "The Secret Garden". I get lost in the silly language of the moorland folk and the beautiful visions of buried gardens with secret stories locked away within it's walls.

Tonight, as I wait to feel sleepy enough to crawl into bed, I think about those moments in life when you wish you could discover a wonderful and beautiful new adventure, like coming across a key in the earth that unlocks a garden. A garden where anything is possible. A garden where you can grow right along with it's tiny seeds and blossom right alongside the grandest rose.

I suppose that's the beauty of the written word. You can get lost in it's depths and travel to the moors of England, or the damp rainforests of the Amazon, or the glittery depths of the Bermuda Triangle. Adventure awaits. I love that.

The Secret Garden...it is a lovely thought.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, I have been thinking of that movie NON-STOP for the last month or so...ever since it came on TV. It was one of my favorites when I was little and I still drop everything to absorb the mystery of it. A few weeks ago, the sister of one of my students was reading the book...which I have neglected to read, but am very much interested in.
    I LOVE the entire story...and the beauty of the garden. I find the Lord most evident in creation and the thought of Him relaxing in a bed of roses in some secret place...that's where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love that book when I was little... one of the fun parts of being a chemistry teacher is setting up the classroom... I'm gathering for a very old, studious, Hogwardian themed classroom and lab :)

    ReplyDelete