Sunday, October 18, 2009

They were the best of times

I found some old photographs from high school today. You wouldn't believe the sick feeling I had when I discovered many of them were damaged from heat and neglect. How frustrating that we were graduated right before the digital revolution and whilst digital cameras were around of course, they weren't the affordable type that are available to us today. How life would have been different back then had I known then the possibilities that the digital world held. :)

All the same, I had such a wonderful time going through the pictures and remembering good times with old friends. Special memories lay nestled in my heart and I just become so overjoyed at the gift of reminiscence that the Lord provides us with. Just being able to think back on those happy times, those difficult times, those awkward years of bad hair and insecurities that weren't spoken of...that just makes me so happy.

I look at the faces of my peers and see them on Facebook now...I see where they have come in life and I just am excited to see the gifts and talents that they have been given being used in many powerful ways. Teachers, writers, mom's, dad's, artists, business folk, the stories are endless. It just reaffirms my faith that we are all born with purpose and given the opportunity to change the world...even in the smallest measurement.

Anyways, I'm going to bed now, I just wanted to share with you all the joy I feel when I see my schoolmates living life in full and wonderful ways. Even through our painful moments, our times of depression, grief, or frustration, we are all with purpose, and we are never alone.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment