Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where to begin...

Where do I even begin?

Since I last wrote on here quite a few things have come and gone.
  • Let's start with Nathan getting sick. He is almost all better now, don't get me wrong. But whenever my sweetie pie isn't feeling well, it just makes the equillibrium of our house go berserk. I hate it when he's not up to snuff. I am so thankful he is feeling so much better.
  • Then this moves on to number two. I got rear-ended by a very impressive Ford truck. Yep. My poor Corolla got a beating. The good news is that since Nathan wasn't feeling well, he stayed home from valet, which made me leave Wesley home with him while I ran a few errands, which means that Wesley was NOT in the car with me, which makes me a very happy mama. Otherwise I might have lost it.
  • I stayed at the hospital for a good portion of today waiting for my friend to have her beautiful baby! It was a great joy to be a part of that. What incredible parents they will be!
  • I didn't get to go see my friend Jackie for her baby shower on Sunday. :( That made me quite sad, but I hopefully will be able to see her in a few weeks when I drive to Oklahoma to see my Heather!
  • Jason H. broke his clavicle. Yea, that has nothing to do with me, but i've never known anyone to break that particular bone. Bummer.
  • Our church had Serving Sunday...and as always, it's awesome to see our families go out into the community to love people and give their time and energy to impact the world. Awesome!
  • I've been reading about the Galapagos Islands. Yea, that's not anything too extraordinary, but I really enjoy the mysteriousness of that archipelago. What an incredible experience it would be to travel there. Maybe I'll stop in Bogota and visit my cousin on the way :)
  • I will probably go to Vietnam before I go to South America. Never quite thought that I would say that, but you go where you're sent, right?
  • I am making Wesley a Max costume for Halloween (Where the Wild Things Are)
  • We made stew this weekend. Another sign that the holidays are quickly approaching.

You know what, this is going to probably go down as one of the lamest updates on the planet. Because it's 1:24 in the morning and I am exhausted.

So I will bid you adieu and leave you with this:
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” --C.S. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment