Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hug O' War

I miss being a teenager....but I still have fun being a grown up. I really love teaching Wesley silly things along with the important things.

Hug O'War
from the book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (1974)

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.


If I ever have another baby boy, I might do a Shel Silverstein themed room....or a space room.
But if I ever have a girl, it will definitely be a Storyland Theme.

Kid's imaginations are such wonderful things. Wesley is always pretending and imagining and saying silly things. I love watching him learn and grown.It is seriously one of the best things ever. I will have to take pictures of his art that he makes during our art time. He paints really fun little scribbly pictures and throws a terrible fit when Painting Time is over.....what can I say, a child after his mama's heart. We just need to work on the understanding that we WILL paint again tomorrow....I promise, we might even paint twice in one day!

Uh oh....he just snuck out of his room from his nap. Gotta go chase down my little adventurer!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Prince Wesley is THE CUTEST. I love love love that hat....and I love you and your sweet little storybook heart. I'm so glad he likes painting! It makes sense huh? Miss you love you sorry I never hang out I'm overcommitted and a lousy friend...but as soon as I finish this youth rally and senior adult camp and leaving the country for a week we are HANGING OUT. :)))

    ReplyDelete