Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Growing up, just like any kid, I took my parents for granted. I didn't realize what strong hearted people they were, and I never NEVER realized how much they sacrificed for me.

Not until I became a parent. Or at the very least, when I moved out of their house. :)

So really, truly, I have the best parents in the world. My mom and I are so alike, we argue, we laugh, we have serious conversations that sharpen eachother. We scrapbook, and go to Hobby Lobby together three times in a week. We have that same stubborn skull.

But my dad and me....we just always laugh. He listens to me, encourages me, scolds me for doing something ridiculous, but he never ever gets mad. He's a big ol softie with me. :) And I, obviously, know it. He didn't even get mad when I wanted to have pizza at my wedding instead of chicken or steak. He looked at me like I was a little insane, but in the end agreed that it was the coolest (craziest) idea I'd had yet. I think he tried to talk me out of it. Or more like pleaded, but he let me have my way. :) When I was a kid and we would play basketball in our backyard, my dad would cup his hands together and pretend to be the announcer and say things like "Nichol, the dreamerrrr Guerrrrrrrrarararaaaa" when I would try to make a basket. I always think about that :)

Today is my dad's birthday! He is an incredible father. He is everything a father should be and more. But he SHINES as a grandfather. Wesley absolutely loves his Papi. Wesley out of the blue will say things like "Papi is my best friend" or "Where is Papi today, I really miss him" or "bye bye! I'm leaving?" When we ask where he is going he will say "To see Papi" (or Nanny's house, but that's another blog for another day lol). He really loves his Papi and we have to (usually) carry him over our shoulders away from their house kicking and screaming. :) Yea, it's a picnic.

Anyways, to my cherished daddy, I love you and I pray that this next year is every bit as exciting as last year....you have a new grandbaby coming your way!! :):):)

Oh and I will be posting soon about the newest baby soon.

Love
Jadie

No comments:

Post a Comment