Friday, March 05, 2010

You're My Best Friend

The other night, Wesley woke up crying at around 5 in the morning. It was entirely too early for him to want to wake up, so I went to his room, picked him up and curled up on his bed with him. When he saw me, he stopped crying, wrapped his arms around me and said "You're my best friend, mommy. You're my best friend. Did you know?"

I tickled him and teased him and said he was delirious with sleep and he needed to close his eyes and go night night. But he clutched me and said "I love you mommy, you're my best friend". And he fell right to sleep.

I am often struck with serious moments of insecurity. The enemy knows my weakness, and I have to battle him head on more than I wish. Thankfully, I have a husband who encourages me and friends who sharpen me. But that night it was pretty much one of those moments that reminds me that I'm in the right place, at the right time, doing what I'm meant to do.

So much to give thanks for in these times of trouble. Thank you, Lord!

*jadie

“My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh BLESS His holy name forever and ever.” Psalm 145:21

3 comments:

  1. I teared up reading that. What a sweet moment with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS!! Those words show what a blessing you are in the life of your little man!! I miss you sweet friend..I really, really do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little prince!

    ReplyDelete