Thursday, April 01, 2010

the Bebè Dos :)

Okay, so you all have probably heard the news splashed all over Facebook, etc.

We are pregnant!

With little bebè dos! We couldn't be more thrilled.....and anxious....and overwhelmed.....so excited. You know, all those normal emotions that come with the giant change that is about to happen in our lives. I find myself holding Wesley a little tighter, cuddling a little longer, just staring at him for no reason except to admire his sweet innocence. I can't believe that he is going to be a big brother....and he is going to have to share his mama. :) I know, that's probably not anything I should be worrying about, but it's a big deal for me to enjoy this season of just one on one mama/wesley time these next 7 or so months. (I am 9 weeks along, for you who are wondering). I know after the baby comes, we will be able to have our little dates still, but everything will be different. I know my heart can only grow bigger with love. It's going to be a wonderful ride.

So, the story, people have been asking for. Details, you all want. Here ya go. :)
About a month ago...the last week of February, I started having the "feeling" that I might be pregnant. It was still too early to take a home-test (I know my body seriously well) but I "knew". So I gave myself a week. Three days into March, I took the test and voila! One plus sign, one negative sign. :) That still confuses Nathan to this day. Haha....but it was a positive! As I knew it would be. I stood in Wesley's bathroom holding the test, looking in the mirror, tears welling up in my eyes. I was a little in shock, but the happiness was extremely potent. I walked slowly to our bedroom, where Nathan was winding down from just getting home from work. We stand in the doorway small talking and I just hold up the test, smiling. He looks at it, looks at me, looks at it, looks at me and wonders when I took the test. I said "just now....I was right". He knew of my suspicion and he hugged me and patted my tummy and said something to the effect of "hello in there!" We were so excited. So we sat on our big bed with Wesley and told him a few things, and I grabbed my camera and we took pictures. (of course) and we laughed a lot about how we should tell our family's.

We finally settled on my daddy's birthday. You see, when we were pregnant with Wesley, Nathan made a video (which I am going to post at the bottom of this post) and we showed the video at my 23rd birthday party in front of some of our closest family and friends. It was exhilarating and wonderful and so very memorable. So Nate insisted on us doing something similar for bebe dos. So we took pictures of Wesley in a shirt that I made that says "Big Brother Wesley" on it. I framed the picture and we wrapped it for my dad to open up on his birthday and that's how we'd share with our family.

SOME of you know that I spilled the beans a few times to a few people along the way. For goodness sakes....I found out MARCH 3.....and didn't tell my FAMILY until MARCH 27th. THAT is a long stinkin' time to hold something like this in. :) Not to mention that I was certain that my all knowing mother already suspected something (i.e., mood swings, demanding to be fed when I was hungry, nibbling on bread randomly, and the general laziness that comes with first trimester symptoms). I called my sweetie pie Erin Stapper, because she's my guru for all things mommy and pregnancy. I love her heart, and I had to tell her. I told Jamie, because she puts up with my miscellaneous crap and loves me anyways. And then a few lucky people along the way either guessed or I just blurted it out to. :) But my parents NEVER knew. So Success. And they were so happy when they finally heard the news. Dad got a kick out of his "gift" and Brandon said he suspected something was up when I was obsessed with organizing and re-painting the spare room.

So now the world knows and we are just excited to see what the Lord has in store for us. Wesley insists on having a baby brother. He rotates between the names "Julian" (which coincidentally is my grandfather's name) and "Ian" because those are two characters from the Olivia cartoon and books. He loves those. It's hilarious. I ask him if he want's a sister, and he says "NO, a little brother named Ian". It's pretty stinkin' cute.

As for symptoms...I've been pretty sick. You mom's out there who have been there know what I'm talkin' about. I was NEVER sick once with Wesley, but this baby has me on my knees in more ways than one. It's not pleasant, but I'm thankful because it just means a baby is growing in there and I'll take the puke any day. Again, it's a mom thing. You guys probably quit reading a long time ago. :)

Fatigue is also in the running for the thing that's keeping me out of the public eye. lol. I am EXHAUSTED. Not sleepy. Just tired. Nathan came home from work and the house was completely out of order. Not a thing was in it's place, except for me on the couch covered up with a blanket, and Wesley sitting on the armrest playing with my hair. haha. I have him trained good. :) Nate said "uh...honey, do you need some help?" I don't think I even answered him, I was so tired. Hahaha...

So now I am in the market for a new doctor to deliver this baby. I am pretty nervous about this, because I was pretty close and very attached to the doctor who delivered Wesley. They aren't carrying our insurance anymore and it just wouldn't be wise for us to pay out of network to keep her. (like she's a puppy or something). SO several of my precious friends gave me a monumental list of doctors that they know and love and my first meet-up is this coming Wednesday. So pray that I find a doctor that I am comfortable with, that is sensitive to my needs, and who will listen to my millions of fears and questions without judgement. I tend to be annoying. :) And I have to remind myself that the Lord knows this child's heart and knows exactly who will deliver him/her. Prayers are always appreciated!!

So here are some pictures to help you visualize how the week has gone :)



Here is Wesley & a stuffed animal I bought for the new baby before I knew officially that I was pregnant. I did the same with Wesley. :) He got an elephant.



Here is the three of us the night we found out. We were being so silly. :)


Here is my dad opening his gift....a framed picture of Wesley wearing a "Big Brother Wesley" t-shirt. :) They are so cute.



Here is me and my sweet friend Charity. She is 6 months-ish pregnant with her daughter Olivia. We always talked about being belly buddies and God has blessed us! :) My other good friend Heather is also pregnant (if you remember this post here) and it makes me so happy. :)


Well, I can't find the video that Nathan made for our families when we were pregnant with Wesley. So here is the link to it on our facebook. If you can't see it....well, sorry about that :) hehe.

So there you go, you should be up to speed. Obviously, I will continue to keep up with you all through here and facebook. Though, after today (April Fool's Day) I don't know if you will trust us anymore. If you haven't heard I am NOT pregnant with twins. That we know of. :) Nathan was just really excited to come up with a good April Fool's Day joke for once. :)

Prayers are always appreciated. So, so so thankful. For so much.

*jadie
"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

1 comment:

  1. Jadie!

    Congrats little mommy! I hope you find a doctor you love. It took me 2 tries to find a good one, and I have to drive 30 mins to see him, but he is SO worth it.

    I have just the thing to help with the sickness and exhaustion. I was sick 24/7 with Harper for the first 15 weeks! My doctor gave me a sample of theses suckers, called bnatal pops when he found out I was so sick. They are leaps and bounds better than what can be bought at the mommy stores. They used to be prescription only, but are now available OTC. They are a bit pricey, but SAVED MY LIFE. I had one in the morning and one around 3 pm. It took the edge off the nausea enough so I could get something in my tummy( having something in my tummy seemed to help stave off the stomach acid from not eating). They also gave me a good energy boost. They have b6 in them and come in 2 yummy flavors. I wish I still had some I could just send you, but I Just gave my last few to another friend.

    http://www.bnatal.com/

    Mindy Lentz

    ReplyDelete