Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Hi Baby, hi!"


So on Monday morning, at 12 weeks, 4 days, I had my first sonogram! It was quite exciting. I was about 14 weeks along with Wesley when I had my first ultrasound. And just like with Wesley, it was one of the most magical moments of my life to see that tiny heartbeat, those tiny hands, that precious child.

Thankfully Nate was able to take off a few hours from work and come with me to the appointment, so we could bring Wesley along!

At first he was really upset because he thought the visit was for him, so he began crying and saying "I want to go home" over and over. But when he saw mommy jump up on the table
and lay down, he started to calm down. The Sonographer was super nice and efficient and in no time at all we had the wide screen tv on and the picture of our sweet little tater up.
Wesley was precious saying he loved babies, and waved and said "hi baby! hi!" He and Nate were having little conversations that I couldn't quite focus on because my eyes were glued to the screen, absorbing the moment. It was a very precious moment for me, well, for all of us.

We couldn't tell the gender yet, baby had their legs closed and curled up cross-legged. Hopefully we will be able to catch a glimpse in June for my next sono.

After the sono, I had my check up, then Nate, Wes and I grabbed lunch together before Nate had to head back to work. It was a quickie lunch, but it was still special because we marvelled over the pictures of baby and talked about names and wondered about what the baby will be like. It was a very sweet morning for us.
We parted ways, and I was so giddy and overwhelmingly thankful for the toddler in my arms and the tiny child in my tummy.

So the first two sono pics are from when Wesley was in the womb. And the next two are of Wesley's new baby brother or sister. Yay! We got a great direct look shot of Wesley's face, but this baby was wiggling around too much and wouldn't sit still. Baby kept waving their arms, so that's when Wesley was saying "hi baby! hi!". Gotta love those sweet moments. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Precious!! I am so excited to meet the newest Payne, even if it is only through pictures for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete