Tuesday, May 11, 2010

At the beach

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.”

--Isak Dinesen


A few weekends ago Wesley and I went out to the beach with Tawny, Kya and Jamie. It was a spectacularly crowded weekend, but we still had quite the time. It happened to be the very first beach trip of the season, and while I hope we can make a better habit of it this summer, I still prefer fresh water to salt water any day.

When Nathan and I are being silly, and we joke around discussing what we would do with all that money should we ever win the lottery (and no, we don't ever play...this is merely for jokes) we always say that we would buy land on the Frio River and build a cabin of sorts on it for our families to enjoy. A big tri-level house stocked with family rooms and game rooms and a big open kitchen where we can all gather. It is such a nice thought, that sometimes I almost want to go out and buy a lottery ticket in hopes of winning. Ha! But then we might end up like Hurley and punching in a bunch of crazy numbers into a computer so that the world doesn't implode.

P.S. LOST is on tonight, but we are going to have to Hulu it tomorrow because the sweetie pie husband is working and I would feel so guilty if I watch it by myself. :)

Oh and also, i've never been one to want to make homemade ice cream, but these pictures make my mouth water and I keep going back and looking at it, wondering if I could possibly make this.

I guess we'll see. :)
This is definitely the summer for some sweet treats! This preggo gal just wants to lay by the pool eating popsicles and ice cream sandwiches all day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...this NON-PREGGO gal wants to lay by the pool eating ice cream sandwiches:)))

    P.S. Can your blog be any cuter?? Blog envy over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the salt water/fresh water thing. I love the beach just for the girls, but other than that can't stand it. So sticky and gross.

    ReplyDelete