Thursday, May 13, 2010

bubublalalaaah...yea..

Tonight, as I was putting little buddy to sleep, cuddling him, and praying and singing, I began to think of the things in my head and my heart that I wanted to pray for. The people, the circumstances, the attitudes....my own selfishness (i don't really need to expand on that, do i? wink wink).

Well, as my mind filled with all these things, and the gentle breathing of my toddler told me he had finally fallen asleep, I began to pray in the language of mush.
"blubbbb blub blub...er....I forgot what I was praying for, Lord....let me start over..."

Yea. Ever happen to you? You have all these things swirling around in your life, and yet you can't put to words exactly how you are feeling or what exactly you need to pray for and give up and lift up and hand off (you get my drift).

Well. Tonight, as I watched my little sweetie sleeping so deeply (he had a super fun night with Candace VanWink and her main squeeze Jody P.) I realized that I was so thankful to have faith in a God who would understand the mush in my heart and know my prayers even when I can't form them into intelligible words or thoughts.

Seriously, I don't even know if this is making sense now...it's been a crazy long day. I guess that means I should get in bed.

Goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment