Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nursery Room Ideas

I adore baby rooms.

I took great thought into planning my little explorer's room. It began as an "Around the World in 80 Days" theme and has blossomed into one of the most adventurous rooms in the house. While it has changed quite a bit from the sweet little nursery that it started out as, it has become a room fit for an imaginative little boy with lots of energy and lots of fun. I will have to post some before, after, and now pictures of our little explorer room...

But for now, I will bore you with my ideas for the new baby room!

If little Bebé Dos is a BOY: His room will be a space theme. I will probably paint most of the stuff myself, like I did with Wessers room, but the things like the constellation Rug & the pillow and the giant Star Constellation map will probably be bought. I found these tin signs from the Land of Nod and love the vintage look. My uncle also works for NASA, so I would like to get some NASA memorabilia for the walls. Definitely the theme of choice if little Dos is a boy. :) Oh, and no clouds on the ceiling for this theme. Just stars.


If little Bebé Dos is a GIRL: Her room will be a storybook theme. I have a few special books that I would like to put into shadow boxes for her wall, along with a special doll or two from my childhood. As for the art, I would mimic this whimsical style and incorporate illustrations from some of my favorite childhood stories. You know how I love those fairy stories..I also would sew or look around for a patchwork rose garden style bedding. I found this bedding from Land of Nod as well, but I know I can sew or find something cheaper. If not, I'll probably buy this bedding. Oh, and her room will have cotton candy clouds painted on the ceiling.



Well, there you have it, friends. My ideas for the baby room. Since we've been having so many discussions as to what little Dos is, I thought you all (especially you who've been inquiring) would enjoy a look into my head.

Today my sweet Heather finds out what she is having and I can't wait to find out if I am buying little Uno pink overalls or blue overalls :)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. gosh. I cannot talk to you about how much I love these ideas. those bird cages and trees on the wall in the girl room are TO DIE FOR...and stars on the ceiling?? Yes please. I know no matter what that it will be insanely precious...because YOU are insanely precious. :))))

    ReplyDelete