Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beautiful, you.

“Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.”
--St. Augustine


"...You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body."
--Psalm 139

Becoming a mama makes you vastly more aware of the miracle of human life. I marvel at the depths of the universe, the glory of the celestial expanse that stares down upon me, night and day. But from the time of our creation in the womb, to the day of our birth, to the day of our death, we are a mighty, mighty miracle; and it honors me to be a chosen one who experiences the miracle of carrying a child in the womb and shepherding them through life. It stops me in my tracks.

On days when I feel selfish or grouchy or impossible, I stop to think about the miracle of my life and the beautiful miracles that surround me, and I feel that gentle nod from Heaven to keep going. He's not done with me and there are mighty moments to be had.

2 comments:

  1. This gave me goosebumps. What a lovely thought Jadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Abs, you need to update your blog!

    ReplyDelete