Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Hey, it's July?

Is it bad that in order for me to know what is going on in my life, I have to check my iphoto??
So big news flash; we have been crazy busy. (insert sarcastic smile). Nate has been working like mad. Wesley is growing entirely too fast. And I am just getting ickier and stickier with this awful heat and icky sticky muggy weather we have been having. :)

But the fun news is that when I look down at my belly, sometimes I can catch a glimpse of baby shoving against it and it's so exciting to feel the movement of the womb. SO fun.

Also, who knew that Wesley giving up the paci would be harder on me than on him. Granted, he asks for it occasionally and sleeps a little more restless than before, but I just feel such a "loss" at that major baby need that's been taken away. It was more the husband than myself on establishing the "no more paci" rule. If it had been my choice, I would have clung to the baby ways and let him have it as long as his wittle bitty baby heart desiwerd. Get my drift? haha

But in truth, I'm pleased with how well the kiddo has taken to the new rule. Who am I to deny him the joy of growing up? :) I can't hold him back, nor would I honestly want to. But you mom's out there know what I'm getting at. It's a sweet ache in the heart to see your former needy baby turn into this independent, well balanced, salad eating child, ready to do a somersault off the couch at any chance he can get. Seriously, an Olive Garden commercial came on and he said "I want to eat that salad and bread".....he is my child. :)

I have some deeper, more interesting topics to discuss and lay before you, but I am about to babysit Wesley's little buddy, Kya, so I can't sit here for long. Plus, it's about time to wake up the little adventurer, so I'm going to have to run.

Interesting conversation to come, honest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment