Friday, January 07, 2011

Five Years!

I love celebrating our wedding anniversary. It's such a joyful day. Even with a toddler's high energy antics keeping me on my toes. Or a newborns need to be fed, rocked, burped, changed, and cuddled, only to be repeated over and over and over again.

Life is tiring. And it moves quickly.

But I am so thankful for the man who's arm holds me steady when I tremble. Who's hugs melt my heart when I'm weary. Who's love is so unfailing even when I'm exhausting his patience.

And I'm thankful to be married to a man who makes me laugh at my own ridiculousness. Who reads books with me and listens to my silly movie soundtracks with me. He listens to my dreams with sweet enjoyment. He listens to my retelling of stories. Over. And over. and OVER. He is so patient with me.

He even wrote me a new poem to go with the poem he proposed to me with.
You can read about that engagement poem here. :) It's good stuff.

For now, enjoy his newest little bit of poetry below. (He even put in my new favorite princess Rupunzel!)

"Two thousand and ninety one days ago, you said, "Yes," because you knew;
A few months after that, we said, "I do."

Rupunzel left her tower to pursue a dream;
We left our lives to become a team....

It's been a fast and exciting five years
There were lots of smiles and a few tears.

We have two handsome boys, Wes and Spence;
Unfortunately, we haven't had much rest since.

But I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong;
I know this is just the beginning of a beautiful song.

I look forward to what the future will hold;
I anticipate one of the greatest stories ever told."

:) Puke if you must. I can't stop smiling.

He knows me so well. Don't you think?
He's definitely the Gilbert Blythe to my Anne Shirley. :)
<3

1 comment:

  1. Little cuties. Happy Anniversary! And how great is Nathan to add on to your poem? Love that. But then again, you are EASY TO LOVE. :) Hope you had a wonderful day Jadie.

    ReplyDelete