Friday, February 11, 2011

Tangled Art

So.

I have been working on our master bedroom and living room, redesigning and what not. The boys rooms have been put together for some time, and our kitchen is pretty much set, but our living room/entryway and our bedroom have needed some sprucing up for some time. I still have quite a "to do" list in order to make the house sell-able (which is our ultimate goal, because we are outgrowing it) but I am enormously satisfied with the way it is coming along.

Right now I am on the hunt for a good window shade for our bedroom, two matching bedside lamps, and a new painting for one wall in our master bedroom.

So here is where you come in. I have recently become quite smitten with the movie Tangled. It is my absolutely new favorite Disney movie. It is beautiful, artistic, romantic, entertaining, and musically appealing. I absolutely adore it. Rapunzel is my new favorite princess, and while I still hold the highest esteem for Belle (she has always been my favorite) Rapunzel has stolen my deepest affections. It also might help that Wes loves the movie and thinks Eugene (Flynn Rider) is just the bomb diggity. And yes, I plan on buying him the Flynn Rider sword from Amazon. :) My little imagineer. I also love that my adorable husband laughs out loud when we watch it (I can't wait for it to come out on DVD) and he saw it in the theater twice with me. :) Awesome, right?

ANYWAYS.....I am wanting to paint a scene from the movie for our bedroom. And I want YOU to help me pick a theme. Comment, message me, text me. Let me know your thoughts on which scene I should choose. I will let you know how the painting goes and post a picture of my finished product. It obviously will differ from these two examples, it will have my style, flair, whatever you want to call it. :)

So....should I paint the scene of Rapunzel's Tower


Or the scene of the floating lights??

Thoughts? Comments? How nerdy am I? Very. Yes, yes. I am quite aware of my silly love affair of fairy tales.

The thing about Rapunzel is that it was one of my absolute most favorite fairy tales growing up and to see it on the big screen was an amazing feeling. When Flynn Rider rushes to Rapunzel's tower and calls out "Rapunzel, let down your hair", I had chills! It was my childhood crashing back into the forefront of my memory and all the things that I love about fairy tales burst forth and my heart just warmed by the emotion of it.

Now if Disney would re-create the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and do it with the style that they bestowed upon Tangled....I would be one happy little dreamer.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the tower :) I have yet to see Tangled, but its on the list when it comes out on Redbox. Did you read that article that talked about how Disney will no longer make Princess movies? I was so sad when I read that. It said something about how little girls are no longer interested in fairy tales; but into more things like Bratz dolls & Hannah Montana. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both, but the tower probably.
    Tangled is definitely my favorite new princess movie. I love it so much! I can't wait to see the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floating lights! The floating lights! Made me cry...

    ReplyDelete