Saturday, August 06, 2011

Hi! Meet Dwarf #8

Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me, second only to discovering full and lasting peace through my faith in Jesus. Being married to Nathan and having these children with him are the best blessings that God has ever chosen to bestow upon me.

And yet, there are days when I wake up, I begin my day, and I forget to give thanks. I become irritable. Grumpy. Frustrated. I have the sweetest boys (seriously, I live with the three sweetest little male specimens ever!) and I turn into this annoying, icky person who has no reason to be in such a mood, but yet the nastiness courses through.

I've had a week like that. I know, shocking. My overall chill attitude for some reason has taken a beating and I've just been shooting lightning bolts from my eyeballs. Well. No, not really, because that would be super cool and I, my friends, have been quite the opposite of cool. I've just been that weird, awkward 8th dwarf: Complainy. (Sneezy was always my favorite)

So, as it's 1am and I've been up late working on weddings from the last 6 weeks (has summer really already flown by) I've come to a realization that I need to relax and spend more time in the word, and less time arguing with myself in my head.

It's a freeing feeling, to step back and realize that the grumpies have invaded and all one needs to do to get rid of them is to pray and enjoy God's presence.

I've always given GREAT joy to creating a home of peace and comfort for anyone who passes through. And well....it's been a house of chaos and frustration. Time to remedy that!

So first things first. Tomorrow morning (well in a few hours when the sun rises) I am going to make breakfast for my sweet little family, then paint my front door purple.

....yea I realize that has nothing to do with anything.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with colored front doors! And I love you Jadie....and I'm pretty sure you are complainy about 10% as often as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete