Tuesday, August 09, 2011

ribbons! ribbons!

So in my last post I mentioned that I was going to paint my front door purple.
Our door is metal, kind of worn down, and probably ought to be replaced with something way cooler, but unfortunately doors are expensive. And my dear husband was on board with the whole purple thing, so it's really a win-win. I get my color. He gets to not spend 500$ on my dream front door. Not that I have dreams about front doors. Really. I don't. Honest.

SO here is our ugly before shot:
And here are some after shots :)


So what do you think? I searched all over Pinterest and the Google blogosphere for an idea for a wreath. NOTHING really screamed ribbons! ribbons! in the way that I wanted it to. There were some cute ideas of course, but I really have fallen in love with dangly ribbons. Free fallin', ya know? So I found some ribbon, found an old wood wreath and went to town.



I am a little ribbon obsessed. You can usually catch me in the ribbon aisle of Hobby Lobby or Joann's freaking out over the colors and patterns. For someone as material and ribbon obsessed as me, you would think I would stinkin' know how to sew. Ahh...someday. I will learn. I have too many ideas bouncing around in my brain. Lovely.

There are other things i plan to do to our entryway. New welcome mat. That striped color wheel one is about 5 years old. I bought a "P" that I am going to paint to hang about the door. And I also found some pretty purply flowers to put into my flower bucket. I also think it would be cool to stain the concrete. Not purple, of course. :)



And just for good measure, what do you think of my snarky, smirky cute little men here?

They crack me up. And yes. The one on the left is 3. And the one on the right is...9 months.

xo jade

3 comments: