Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baby Dos

On his birthday morning
I love my baby dos. His birthday week (and weekend) was spectacular. He is such a chill little baby, we delighted in celebrating him. You know, since we were sick last week (horribly sick with a stomach bug) we couldn't really see past the next trip to the bathroom (tmi?) so when we were feeling better on Monday, we decided to throw together a party for my baby dos in a week.


I think the party turned out quite well considering how last minute it was.


The most important thing though was being able to relax, have a beautiful afternoon outside celebrating my little love.

Eating his cake
Spencer wasn't so sure about the cake. He put him in his high chair with it and he complained about being strapped in when he wanted to run around. We all laughed, took some pictures, and then he finally realized what was in front of him and boy, did he go to town :)

I look at pictures of him that we've taken over the last year and my heart just swells with so much peace and joy. Children (as cliche as this sounds) TRULY are a gift from Heaven.

My happiness comes from above, but I do delight in the little beings that I'm blessed to shepherd. It makes me giddy thinking that God may have more kids planned for us.

I must have the baby bug :) because I just see babies and melt into a puddle on the ground. Swoon.

no hands! haha
Have a great Sunday! I snuck a nap in, and I feel like a brand new person. I'm seriously thankful for naps too.

And I was also so thankful to make it to church for the first time in THREE weeks this morning. Even though Nate and I missed out on the celebration because we were in the 3yr old classroom teaching, it was WONDERFUL to be there.

This is me smiling.



xo, jade.

No comments:

Post a Comment