Monday, October 03, 2011

Happy 30th Brother!

BG and his 30 candles
So yea, I never finished my week o' birthday posts for my brother's 30th birthday.

The main reason being that he came to town and we celebrated all weekend with family and friends. We had Bistro d'Asia for dinner. Some Black Forrest Star Wars cake goodness for dessert. Played Pictionary (GIRLS rule!). We watched movies, went to the water gardens. Walked through the Art Museum. Had lunch on the balcony of the museum.

We loved the glorious weather. It seemed that fall had made it's way to south Tejas...praying it stays so beautiful. Thankful for the relief from the intense heat we had all summer.

Then on Sunday my family and Nate's family went to church together to celebrate Spencer's dedication to the Lord. It was a short, sweet moment with pictures of this past year scrolling across the screen. It warmed my heart to see my family sitting together, supporting Nathan and I as we pursue God's will for our family.

We desire to honor him and pray that our children would see and hear our heart's cry.

Wesley helped blow out the candles
Darth Vader sat on top of the cake

It was a wonderful weekend with much to celebrate. We always hate to see my brother leave (especially Wesley) but I'm thankful that he doesn't live too, too far away. It was fun hanging out with my folks too. They're a hoot. The boys always have such a grand time with them. Fun stuff.

Jamie's living room all decked out
I hope you had a fun weekend, brother. I know I did! Cheers to a new year! :)
xo, jade

No comments:

Post a Comment