Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spencer

This morning I was gathering a few pictures of Spencer for his birthday party that we are having for him this weekend. It's just going to be a small party, no exact theme and nothing too fancy, but I want it to be enjoyable and about him! So I'm printing some pictures of my littlest son and giving thanks in a big way as I look through these sweet moments captured throughout his first year.
I couldn't help but begin to cry as I saw some of these pictures. The memories began flooding my heart, and I just nearly lost it. Wesley was looking at my like I was crazy, but truly, my heart is full right now.

Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Close To Your Heart" with Matt Redman is playing in the background, and the lyrics were just too much for me, combined with the pictures of my little family scrolling before my eyes. I've made bold the lyrics that just melted me..

I'll share the lyrics with you now:

Though hope is clouded
It has not left us
Though pain runs deep now
You’re deeper still
And You are holding
All things together
Hold us together now
We have this hope
An anchor for the soul
We have this truth
A compass for the heart
You’ve gone before us
And You are with us
And You will carry us through
You will carry us close to Your heart

Here is confusion
Where is the meaning?
But we are trusting
Your Father love
And You are holding
All things together
Hold us together now
We have this hope
An anchor for the soul
We have this truth
A compass for the heart
You’ve gone before us
And You are with us
And You will carry us through
And You will carry us close to Your heart
Close to Your Heart
Safe in the arms of Jesus
She’s safe in the arms of Jesus
We’re safe in the arms of Jesus
We’re safe in the arms of Jesus
We’re safe in the arms of Jesus
Safe in the arms of Jesus
We’re safe in the arms of Jesus
She’s safe in the arms of Jesus
We have this hope
An anchor for the soul
We have this truth
A compass for the heart
You’ve gone before us
And you are with us
And You will carry us through
You will carry us close
You have carried her home
You have carried her home to Your heart.

Spencer, maybe hours old..
October is full of very sentimental memories for me. The major one being Joe, our precious friend, was lost during a military training exercise over the waters of our gulf near Matagorda Island. My heart aches for him still, and while Spencer was born on the anniversary of the day Joe walked into eternity, I am thankful for my memory. I am able to build new memories with my second son, now, and keep close to my heart the memories of Glyndell's second son, Joe.

Fear has always been that awful companion to me for years. It's something I've battled and continue to do so, but this song gave me much peace as I remember my friend, give thanks for my son, and trust God for the future (and any other mini-nate and jades that come our way)

What are you thankful for today, with the sun shining, and the music playing?


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jadie. I needed to read the lyrics of that song. I'm a wreck today and I'm so grateful that I decided to check out your blog! You have a lovely heart and great wisdom. "We cannot always know the mind of God but we can ALWAYS know the heart of God." That's what Beth Moore says...and it's so true. <3

    ReplyDelete