Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Don't miss this

On Sunday my cute husband whirled me away to Austin, Tx where I was able to see my favorite artist (and many of my other favorites) performing.

To say that it was anything but perfect would be blasphemy. It truly was one of the most special moments for me. Right now I cannot even begin to explain the wellspring of joy that sparkled within me as I sat in that auditorium.

I DO want to write a full length retelling of the evening for you and I would like to share with you all the different artists and the gifts that they bring to their sweet circle of friendship and what they mean to me. (Yes, i said that in one breath)

But I won't do that now.
I just wanted to share with you quickly how this one particular album BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD is played in my home each morning and how this mornig I woke with frustration building up in my heart, and negativity dying to escape my lips.

It's true. There is no reason at all for my attitude.

I put this album on  (like I do every morning) while I prayed and made breakfast for my little explorers and I was overcome with emotion of the music and the reality of the words. It's exactly what I needed.

If you don't own this album, close this window and buy it. You need to do this for yourself.


{side-note: there is also a remarkable book by Russ Ramsey that is an advent calendar of sorts. It's beautiful, truthful, and is a great companion to this album....buy that too}


No comments:

Post a Comment