Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hannah and Andrew

Just popping in to check how you all are doing!

And I also wanted to throw a quick message out to you today as you prepare for the holiday this weekend.

One of my high school best friends has an older sister who was a mentor to me through those beautiful, awkward teenage years. I always marveled at his relationship with his sweet, nurturing sister, because it wasn't the sort of sibling relationship you often would see. They were a team and it encouraged me in ways they never knew of. I loved his family deeply and though we drifted apart after graduation, they have always had a special place nestled deep in my heart.

When his older sister was arrested for murder years later, I knew she was innocent. I avoided the news at all cost because I knew it was lies that were being spewed from their hateful lips. She is an angel and a person I desperately wanted to emmulate. As a wife. And as a mom. As a woman who fought for Jesus with her whole heart.

I was a newlywed when she was imprisoned for a charge that I knew to be false.
Now I'm a mother of two and she is still serving her life sentence while her 5 beautiful babies wait for her to come home.

If you want to give me a present for Christmas, it's this:

Read this article and do what you can for Hannah.
http://www.texasmonthly.com/2012-01-01/feature2.php

She is still mentoring me to this day. Even from behind prison bars. She is still teaching me how to be a wife. A mother. But most importantly, she is still teaching me how to love the Lord with all my heart.

Read this. Please.
http://www.texasmonthly.com/2012-01-01/feature2.php

You can also go to this website and write a letter to the powers that be and cry out for her release
http://freehannah.com/

Thank you for reading this.
Thank you Texas Monthly for the article.
And thank you Nate Saenz for being my friend all those years ago.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely heartbreaking. It is so hard not to let media influence the way you view things, especially when you never hear the other side of the story.

    ReplyDelete