Friday, January 20, 2012

January Spring


It's no secret that my heart belongs in the mountains. But I'm loving today's tease of Spring in South Tejas. All four of us are feeling under the weather (praying for QUICK healing) but I felt the need to sit outside this morning and feel the breeze in my hair.

I feel badly keeping the boys from the outdoors, but our wind is horrid for anyone recovering from sinus troubles. I made an allowance this morning, though.


The moment I stepped outside and felt the breeze and smelled the damp air, I was transported back to my days as a teenager camping out with my friends.

I always loved those early morning moments of wakefulness on a campout. The air is cool, not yet tainted by the sun's warmth. The ground is soft and dewy, and the sky is streaked with grays and pinks and soft, welcoming blues. It's a joyful sensation for me, and it reminds me of good days.

Some of my favorite moments in life involve the early morning hours. Walking to the kitchen from room 6 at Camp Zephyr, taking morning walks with special people, playing with my boys outside. 

It was a good feeling. I watched my boys play, and felt such gratitude for moments like that. Peace. And surrender. And more peace.

Oh, South Texas, you do have your moments.

xo

"I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."  ~Ruth Stout

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Camp Zephyr, but I have enjoyed many mornings similar :) Glad you had one this week, and your flowers are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete