Sunday, February 19, 2012

{Sweet 16}

It has been 16 days since I last posted on here.
What has happened since then?

New Mexico, 2012
  • I renamed my blog
  • I traveled by plane to the mountains of New Mexico with family and friends
  • I destroyed my house packing for said trip
  • I discovered that I really love casseroles
  • I bought 5 new books
  • I read one of those books until 5 in the morning
  • I have since re-read that book because it's just THAT good
  • I drooled over these TOMS several times over
  • I bought a domain name for this blog
  • I was horribly sick and went to an urgent care clinic for some serious medication
  • My firstborn (while shouting "All You gotta do is Juuuuuump!") busted his knee and chipped a tooth
  • My second-born son grew a few more teeth
  • My husband snowboarded
  • My husband became sore
  • I received a PayDay for Valentines Day....and I ate it immediately :)
  • My house is still destroyed from post-vacation unpacking extravaganza
  • We had book club at the Burrow Thursday and it was amazing
  • My good friend received news that she is in relapse and will continue to battle Lymphoma(SUCKS) at MD Anderson this week
  • I read about bravery and realized I need to step up my game
  • I saw a crow the size of a dog while in New Mexico
  • I stayed up until 3 in the morning catching up on Once Upon a Time, and a few other shows we watch with my cute husband.
  • I smiled and cried and laughed a lot

I want to share so much. I feel like my heart is so full and my head has so many things sloshing around inside it, but for the moment, I shall leave you with a quote that has been lingering in my brain.

 "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." --Thucydides

I miss you all. I hope to have a nice conversation and a cup of tea with you soon.

xo, jade

1 comment:

  1. Reading about your family adventures warms my heart and puts a sweet smile on my face every time. Y'alls love is precious and pure.

    and that quote gave me the chills.

    ReplyDelete