Friday, March 23, 2012

{i love the boy with the bread}

I love him for going to midnight shows with me
So I have a book club that meets at my house once a month. It's comprised of an eclectic group of ladies all ranging from close bffs to women I just met and I just can't get enough of them! They are my soul mates and I grin whenever one of them come to mind.

Back in the fall, one of the books we read was The Hunger Games. Well, of course we read all three and just gobbled them up in one tasty sitting. Our group is hilariously divided between the leading men and hilarity always shows it's silly face whenever we sit and debate Gale and Peeta's qualities (Yes, I love the boy with the bread, baby! And yes, my husband is okay with this.)

Three great gals
When we read the books, they were just starting to show previews for the movie and we were all GIDDY. Pretty much like the teenage girls waiting in line for Twilight. It's embarrassing how excited we were.

As soon as movie tickets became available, I bought straight up 20 tickets for the midnight showing. 10 other friends bought their tickets separate. We had a massive group at the midnight showing last night. And it was perfect.

Two sisters who are always followed around by random guys
A few of us (my cute husband included) got in line so early. (I won't mention that time here. Ask me privately. Haha) And we laughed and made friends and painted our nails (not the hubby) and we snuck some people into line and helped other people sneak their friends into line. (we are shameful.) And it was a blast. I laughed so much and was so delirious with the excitement of the night.

Cristi loves Peeta
And to top everything off, I LOVED the movie. It was excellent. Followed the book wonderfully. I wasn't angry or bitter or yelling at the screen like I normally did with the Harry Potter books or some other book to film flick. I was ecstatic! Obviously there were some minor changes and a few of my favorite scenes from the book were cut down to nothing, but I was pleasantly surprised by the film overall.

I only found myself disappointed in one area, and that's the intimacy and closeness that Katniss and Peeta share during the second half of the Games. In the book, they share a few moments of "foolish happiness" that you didn't really get in the film. Although they really nailed the few scenes that did.

 Overall, I loved it. I had so much fun with the friends that were there and missed the rest of the friends in book club that couldn't make it. 


So, in honor of the Hunger Games, I will leave you with some of my favorite quotes:

“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”--Peeta

“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”--Katniss
Girls on fire

“Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.”
--Rue's Lullaby

“You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.”  --Haymitch

Some friends we made
“It crosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.”--Katniss

“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”--Peeta

“Here's some advice. Stay alive.” --Haymitch

“Peeta, you were supposed to wake me after a couple of hours," I say.
"For what? Nothing's going on here," he says. "Besides, I like watching you sleep. You don't scowl. Improves your looks a lot." This, of course, brings on a scowl that makes him grin.”  --A conversation between Peeta and Katniss


Happy Hunger Games!
jade...


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha....we do NOT get followed by random guys. Omg. I had such a blast with you Jadie! I'm grateful that you bought tickets and snuck us in late past that scary security guard. And I will continue to love Gale. So you can have that bread kid. :)

    ReplyDelete