Saturday, March 24, 2012

[jadeinmypocket 2.0]



jadeinmypocket 2.0

That's what my friend Christina said about me. Hahahaha. Cracked me up to pieces. I could not stop cackling about it.

She was referring to my insane overuse of Instagram.

It's true. I'm obsessive about it and I whine if I happen to miss really good posts from my friends. I love to glimpse into everyday lives of my peeps. (Yes I am including Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift in this mix)

Instagram is really a sort of creative exercise for me. I try to use it as a way for me to be as creative as possible with my iphone. I try to use it to keep my brain from getting rusty. I know that it's easy to forget some very basic principles in art, so I try to incorporate those things I learned so many years ago into my snapshots.


(Rumor alert: IG is going to Android very soon! My Droid nerd of a husband is pumped) When I am shooting for Journey Tree Studio, I always whip out my phone and snag a pic of the bride or venue or something about where I'm at. If I am visiting with friends, going out, just living life with my little family, I capture it with my phone.


Confession: I've become lazy shooting my everyday life with just my iphone.

So I've decided to stop doing that so much and work on carrying my big girl camera around :)

But just for kicks, here's a few recent IG pics that I just adore.

And here's to a new season of shooting with my big camera more. :) Hopefully. <3

Refocusing (ha ha, get it?),
 jade




Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter.  ~Ansel Adams


I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it.  ~Author Unknown



If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.  ~Lewis Hine


There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera.  And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed.  Don't be bitter because you can't record it.  Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!  ~DeGriff 

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.  When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.  ~Ansel Adams


When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes.  But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!  ~Ted Grant





No comments:

Post a Comment