Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Uno and Dos

Thing 1
My kids teach me new things everyday.
They teach me how to laugh at the small, silly things in life.
They remind me to be crazy and zany and hilarious.
They remind me to always say I love you. Even when I feel grumpy.
They remind me that running fast is ALWAYS fun.
They teach me to sit and color and not worry about lines.
They show me that the clouds in the sky can be anything that we want them to be.
They teach me that The Leaning Tower of Pisa can really be just a pile of folded bath towels.
They teach me to be excited. About dirt. And flowers. And trees.
They remind me to sit and cuddle when I want to go and be busy.

I know my job is to train them, to teach them, to encourage them, to nurture them, to love them, to discipline them, to teach them the ways of the Lord, and to support them.

But they encourage me, they love me, they teach and support me. And they remind me to love Jesus with abandon with faith as secure and gentle as theirs.
Thing 2

I'm not the perfect mama. I lose my temper, my patience. I struggle with the same sins and insecurities that plague the rest of the world.

But the best thing that ever happened to me was my reconciliation with the God of the universe as a teenager, so therefore I fight the darkness of the world with the light inside my heart. My prayer is that these young ones that the Lord has asked me to shepherd will know and love and pursue the Maker even more passionately and be light-bearers to this dark world.



Grateful, and so much more,
jade

No comments:

Post a Comment