Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Showers

iphone capture: when the first storm came

These past weeks have been building up to some big things that are happening around here. I don't deal with stress well, nor do I handle the overly busy days gracefully. Often, I become so overwhelmed that I just shut down and accomplish nothing for a whole day, because I feel like the walls are caving in on me. (Did you know that I am severely claustrophobic too? I don't know when that began for me in life, but as an almost 28 year old woman, I am terrified of small spaces.) I hate when I shut down. It just happens when I see no free time looming on the horizon. When I know a month of chaos is just around the corner, the tired, overwhelmed feeling takes over.

I was lying in bed last night, tossing and turning, fretting and frustrated, when I realized that I can't shut down. I have too much at stake. The well-being of my family. The well-being of my spirit. It's all on my head. My children need their mom. And my husband needs his wife. And I need God's mercy.

And so, I'm thankful for the refreshing rain that has fallen on our little blue house these past few weeks. (we've had quite some storms!) For the moments of quiet, I am truly grateful. But I'm ready to tackle whatever crazy is on my calendar (starting this weekend). I won't allow myself to be overwhelmed. (or even just plain whelmed..haha jk) I will be brave.

"From the ends of the earth I call to you,
   I call as my heart grows faint;
   lead me to the rock that is higher than I" --Psalm 61:2

Fighting the busy blues,
xo...jade

No comments:

Post a Comment