Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Coffee

The cute husband and I don't like coffee. There was a brief time in college that I forced myself to drink it, because I thought that's what you're supposed to do. And even now, I can drink a white chocolate mocha with tons of whip and extra chocolate, but it loses the "coffee". We DO own a coffee maker, though. For my mom and my bff Jamie who are coffee connoisseurs. The smell of coffee is so good and familiar to me (probably because of mom) but I always burn it when I try to make it. At Zephyr, in the days when I worked in the kitchen, I used to get hollared at by my boss because I would ALWAYS forget to make the coffee, then I would forget to CLEAN the coffee pots.

One of my spectacular skies during a coffee date
 This past week has been full of coffee dates for me. I always try to spend quality time with people when they ask for it (AKA no kids running about, my attention solely on them) Quality time is definitely one of my love languages, so why not put it on the top of my list of To Do's for others?

Two of the people I spent time with were high school mates who love me in spite of my flaws. That's the beautiful thing about kinship; near or far, when we get together, it's good conversation. Healthy for the soul, and it pleases the heart of God. We marvel at where the past 10 or 15 years have brought us. We celebrate the future promises that God has placed on our hearts, and we delight in friendship.

Another friend of mine that I had coffee with is a lightning bolt. She lights up the night sky with her passionate faith and humility. She is brave and selfless. Spending time with her is good for my heart. Good for ME.

The cute husband and I are so blessed to have people on this planet to live life with. They sharpen us individually, and they sharpen us as one. We celebrate the community, the kinsmen, that we run, stumble, and dance through life with. My friend Amanda calls those people her "tribe" and I just love it.

So celebrate the people in your life today that you cling to as you walk through the sunshine and the shade. Celebrate them. Love them. Cherish them. Spur them on.


Loved and loving,
.....xo, jade

 
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” --Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment