Wednesday, June 06, 2012

{The Queen of Quite-A-Lot}

When I was little, my mother used to (and still does) have a collection of Mary Englebreit books, stamps, etc. She just loved ME's positive outlook on life and celebrated all of the whimsical art that ME studios hosted.

One of her favorite pieces was called "The Queen of Everything" an adorable illustration depicting a noble looking gal reigning over her castle with sunglasses on. Thus, my mother was forever known as the Queen in our household. When I whined about not having a royal title, mom obligingly found me a Mary Englebrit poster that fit me wonderfully "Princess of Quite a Lot". It was hilarious. To us, at least. We like to laugh, so it may not be that humorous to you. Needless to say, we were forever indebted to ME for providing the women in our house the appropriate titles.

Now that I am a wife and mother, indeed I am, I have claimed title of Queen in my household. My adorable 4 year old often refers to me as Queen Mommy (only after I corrected him for calling me a Princess. Yes. I did do that.) I laugh about all this because though I call myself a Queen, truly, my mother is the Queenliest of all. You who know her can testify to this. She has a royal quality about her that many of us mere copycats only dream of. :)

That being said, this past weekend a friend of mine threw me a tea party for my golden birthday. It was quite hilarious fun and a very simple, small soiree with a few of my favorite gals (we were missing a couple!) The tea was delightful and frilly and exactly what us girl-time-starved females needed.

Shayna even made us crowns and set up a backdrop of frilly girlishness for us to take pictures in front of. :) Oh yes. She did.

Anyways, here's to another year of frills and flowers and crowns and all around girly goodness.
Me, adjusting my crown.
 And a special thank you to all of you, my beloveds, for working so hard to show your love to me. Indeed I am wonderously blessed by all of you. From the BBQ on Memorial Day to the Tea on Saturday, to the hugs and love I was given at church....I am thankful for every message, every owl, every text. Thank you!!

<3 blissful,....jade

1 comment: