Saturday, July 21, 2012

{faraway friends}

I feel as if the last two posts have been a little heavy for you, my friends. It's honest, is what it is. My heart has been so heavy with grief and burdened so deeply.

BUT I offer you a happy moment. (And yes, I promise a detailed post about baby number 3 soon. It is the brightest parts of days lately and we cannot stop thanking the Maker above)

No. The happy moment that I am addressing right now is the one that my darling oldest son was able to share with his long time friend Kya. She and he met when they were but wee 15 month old babies. The amount of pictures that these two have together is ridiculous. :) He has more pictures with Kya than he does with his baby brother.

About a year ago, K and her beautiful mama had to move to the hill country where her mama found work. It's been a rough year for us all as we have missed living life with them. They are what you call Forever Friends. The people you feel most comfortable with. Family. Nate and I are blessed to have several of these kinds of people in our lives. Beyond thankful.

Anyways, our visit with T+K this week was short and so bittersweet. I'm just so glad they were able to be near us, even for the briefest of days.


I love this picture. They are so happy just being together. Aren't they just beautiful?

Even though Kya is driving across the country soon, we know we will get to have visits and skype time.

Thank God for face-to-face time on our iphones, right?
<3

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet. I know that T&K love the Paynes dearly and think of you as family. Thank you SO much for all you've done and WILL be doing to help them on their Journey. And we ARE excited to hear about your wee one!

    ReplyDelete