Sunday, October 28, 2012

Two!

I love to celebrate my children. They are such a gift and so unique and so unbelievably fun in their own special ways. I don't ever want to take my child-rearing years for granted. I see how quickly time passes and I see how many women ache and yearn to be a mother and I don't ever want to wish these young, sometimes exhausting, days away. I love to fight for my little ones, taking each day at a time, loving and teaching and learning and growing and laughing and crying together. These little humans in my life are our greatest gifts and Nate and I are so grateful to be their parents. I know Nate's heart mirrors my own, even on the days where the babies get out of bed 10+ times a night :)

Yesterday we were able to celebrate Spencer's second birthday with a very small soiree of close friends and family. Nothing large or flashy. No agenda. Just something small. I would have invited the whole world (because I love to celebrate!!) but Spencer isn't really a big crowds kind of child. He's very mellow. I see him as a teenager inviting his one best buddy over for his birthday for Pizza and video games. He reminds me a lot of Nathan (and his uncle brandon actually) in that sense. Wesley is more like me-- "let's invite EVERYONE and their grandma too!" VERY different :) But it's wonderful all the same. (This just makes me giddy for baby three!!--Still no name yet...)


Ahh, it was a wonderful weekend. We had cake, we had stew, we had autumn weather! (which is what I associate with Spencer's birthday. His birth brought the first cool front of the year when he was born). It was an ideal weekend.

We DID get rear-ended today, but it wasn't bad with only minor scratches on the vehicle. We had the kids with us and I screamed. Not a happy moment for me, the Queen of Freak Out, but it wasn't bad. It could have been worse and I'm thankful it was not!

I love these little dudes.
I just love this picture because he is grinning at his car. He's a fan of Lightning McQueen and Mater (understatement!).
My folks stayed the night just so that the cute husband and I could get out and have a date. We had dinner with Jamie and BG and met up with some other friends for dessert. My brother made fun of me because I was ready for bed by 9:30. I like to sleep...what can I say.

We also went to Half Priced Books, which cracks me up, because every date we go on ends up there. Ahhh..books. Happiness.

And now for some weekend Instagram shots


Thankful. I truly am.


Happy Birthday dearest Spencer Lewis. Your mama loves you. xo. Thank you for filling me up with so much joy everyday! Watching you grow is one of my favorite things.

xo, jade...

No comments:

Post a Comment